Business Forum “German-Turkish Business Meetings”
- September 3, 2015
- 09:00 to 14:30
- Camphausen-Saal und Guilleaume-Saal der IHK Köln
A strong partnership for stable business activities
The conference will be held in English
The impressive economic accomplishment of Turkey in the last decade – stable annual economic growth of 5% since 2002 as well as a solid macro economic strategy, prudent, efficient fiscal policy and comprehensive structural reforms strenghtening the private sector – causes experts and international institutions to give an optimistic forecast. As such, it is expected that Turkey will evolve into the fastest growing economy in the OECD until 2017.
In light of these prospects, the EMA, in cooperation with the Hamburg Chamber of Commerce and the Republic of Turkey Prime Ministry Investment Support and Promotion Agency (ISPAT), is cordially inviting you to the 2nd Hamburg Business Forum Turkey!
Exchange on the opportunities, chances and challenges of the Turkish-German cooperation and establish fruitful contacts to experienced entrepreneurs, amongst which are:
- Mehmet Fatih Ak, Consul General of the Republic of Turkey in Hamburg
- Kemal Erimtan, President of the German Chamber of Commerce Worldwide Network (AHK)
- Ole von Beust, Former Mayor of the Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg and Senior Advisor of the Republic of Turkey Prime Ministry Investment Support and Promotion Agency (ISPAT)
- Adelheid Sailer-Schuster, President of the Head Office of the German Federal Banck in Hamburg, Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania and Lower Saxony, and President of the EMA
- Dr. Willem Schoeber, Chairman of the Board of Directors, EWE Turkey Holding A.Ş
- Axel Stiehler, Managing Director of Aquila Capital
- Holger Kreetz, Representative of E.ON SE
- a delegation of Turkish entrepreneurs
- and many more.
The current developments in Turkey raise questions for German entrepreneurs and investors. Therefore, the Hamburg Business Forum Turkey emphasizes to provide renowned German expertise, reports relating to the present socio-economic situation and first-hand information on successful business activities in Turkey. Up-to-date information on strategic projects and investment opportunities in the logistics center of the future, introduce to you the current socioeconomic developments and framework for successful business activities in this excpetional emerging market.
Business Day Turkey
The economic forum “German-Turkish economic relations” was characterized by dialogue and drive. EMA President Christian Wulff and IHK Vice President Franz-Georg Heggemann welcomed the 250 guests and emphasized the historical importance of German-Turkish relations. Afterwards, Mr. Rolf A. Königs, President of the Turkish-German Chamber of Industry and Commerce in Berlin and Cologne, and Mr. Frank Kaiser, Deputy Managing Director of the German-Turkish Chamber of Industry and Commerce in Istanbul, prepared the interested participants with their keynotes for the following industry-specific panels.
The four panels, in which representatives of associations and entrepreneurs presented specific experiences and perspectives of German companies on the Turkish market, focused on the automotive, consumer goods and renewable energy sectors as well as on the topic of customs barriers and tax law in foreign trade.
In the course of the event, there were extensive opportunities for B2B talks and exchange of experience, which more than lived up to the event’s motto “Business encounters”.